Welcome to Hoppin’ World, a multi-user social VR platform which allows telepresence in real world locations. Tourism boards, organizations and business owners invite their customers or the general public to experience destinations and activities through immersive 360 videos.
Imagine posting on Instagram, then meeting in your posts. Hoppin’ is the future of social media, starting now.
We are looking for an intrinsically motivated collaborator to drive the production (conception, shooting, logistics) of a series of 360 videos across the province of Quebec.
The qualified individual will be comfortable with a remote first working environment, have an acute sense of aesthetics, video processing equipment and experience, and be thoroughly organized. If you see yourself in this description, we invite you to join our growing family and help develop Hoppin’ into the go-to application for Social & Real Destination based Virtual Reality.
- Capture the essence and the uniqueness of each location, in a creative way
- Provide a coherent experience within the social nature of the application
- Drive the user desire to visit the different destinations
High Level Projects
Creative Planning – Plan the shots in advance by isolating the key elements to film at each location and propose an approach on how to link the various scenes.
Shoot Planning – Organize the shoot at the various locations through the hiring and supervision of independent film crew or by travelling on location and perform the shoot.
Video Editing and delivery – Each scene should be stitched and exported in a 8K 3D format, ready to import in the application. Most videos will consist of approx 60 seconds clips which will loop.
Prioritize and manage projects – Work with the Hoppin’ team to identify projects priority. Manage projects autonomously to turnaround high-quality customer deliveries within the allocated budgets.
Edit 360 media – Download, scan, select, prepare, stitch, edit, stabilize, color optimize, encode and upload 360 video footage.
Deliver projects to customers – Work with the Hoppin’ team to gather relevant information from customers. Communicate the delivery of their solution. Answer their first questions and perform minor adjustments if needed.
Have fun and work with other team members – Hoppin’ is a flat organization where everyone collaborates and grows in their area of expertise and beyond. Team members are in constant remote communication to ensure the best experience for customers and visitors while enjoying pushing the boundaries of virtual reality together.
Contract and compensation
The position can either be filled as a contract or as a full time position depending on the discussed arrangement.
We believe in rewarding collaborators who help the project grow and look for collaborators to grow with the project. Compensation is based on the market, the experience of each candidate and company results. An option program is available for key collaborators.
Since we are a startup company, there will be an opportunity to take on a leadership role for those with the ability and interest.
Requirements & Nice To Haves
- Acute sense of aesthetics
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Committed to an awesome user experience
- Attention to details
- Autonomous and thoroughly organized
- Great with customer communication and satisfaction
- Experience with organizing video shoots is a requirement.
- Experience working outside of Montreal is a plus.
- 2+ years video editing experience
- 360 video processing experience is a plus
- Experience with content curation or media management is a plus
- Experience with immersive media management is a plus
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Previous experience in the travel or tourism industry is a plus
- Knowledge about the VR industry is a plus
- Fluency in English as the universal company language
- French or Spanish optional
- Positive & Energetic Personality
We are looking for a motivated and competent individual with a good balance in experience creation, video edition and process optimization. The right person for the role will be an autonomous self-organized result driver that is hungry to see a project grow and to very quickly see the fruits of his/her labor.
Should you take on this role, your contribution will have three main facets. First is related to content preparation for exquisite customer deliveries. Second is related to building an awesome worldwide content catalog. Third is on creating an efficient content management process.
We are looking forward to your application and hope you will become the newest member of our growing team.
Onwards & Upwards!
The Hoppin’ Team